Ceremonial-Grade. Take it iced or hot. Either way, Matcha is the power house of all caffeinated drinks. Here's why:
1. Energy and Calm Matcha tea is special because of it’s growing process. It needs to be shade grown for 20 days before harvest. This process increases the content of chlorophyll and L-Theanine. L-Theanine not only makes Matcha sweeter, but also has a calming effect. During the shading process the caffeine in Matcha isn’t reduced and maintains it’s energy properties.
2. Antioxidants A warehouse of antioxidants are known to be present in Matcha. One study found high concentrations of catechins – EGCg in Matcha, resulting in much more EGCg than other green teas. The Matcha green powder contains over 6x the amount of Goji berry antioxidant.
3. Matcha Tea Helps Weight Loss Matcha contains almost no calories. You don’t have to worry about calories when drinking Matcha. Secondly, high concentrations of catechins in Matcha promotes fat oxidation. Several studies show that Matcha increases the body’s rate of burning calories. Meanwhile, Matcha does not add extra stress to your body and heart while helping to lose weight.
4. Protects the Heart Heart disease causes death worldwide. Within studies on Matcha it was discovered it has the ability of protecting the heart. Another study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that drinking Matcha increases LDL cholesterol, which also protects the heart.
5. Increased Brain Function Additional studies found that components contained in Matcha have a role in strengthening brain function. For example, L-Theanine in Matcha can help the brain to focus and concentrate.
6. Fights Cancer Matcha contains some unique antioxidants – catechins which can’t be found in other foods. Catechin- EGCg has a very strong anti-cancer effect. A test-tube study found that catechin- EGCg in Matcha can help kill prostate cancer cells. Although these studies are only test-tube or animal experiments, they are also valuable for the study of the anti-cancer efficacy of Matcha.
7. Protects the Liver The liver is an organ with a metabolic function in the body, and plays an important role in the body to deoxidize, store glycogen, and synthesize secretory proteins. The liver also makes bile in the digestive system. Matcha studies show it can help protect the liver.
Available for local delivery and pickup. Not available for shipping.